1 John 3:18
"Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action." NRSV
ChildServ’s history is rich with the involvement of many church congregations. Methodist Deaconesses founded the agency over 100 years ago, and churches continue to support ChildServ’s families and programs through prayers, gifts and volunteer service. Congregations recognize that collaborating with ChildServ is one of the ways faithful people can fulfill their desire to care.
ChildServ’s programs bring hope to under-resourced communities, but the issues that confront our families continue to grow. Now, more than ever, faithful people are called to focus on the needs of children, youth and their families. Join our work and, together, we can in a mutual ministry of care, nurture and service with children, youth and families.
How Your Congregation Can Get Involved
ChildServ gives thanks for the many ways that churches support our programs in Cook, DuPage, Kane and Lake counties. We look forward to new opportunities to work with people of faith to support positive growth and development of children, youth, families and communities.
There are many opportunities for your congregation:
ChildServ can support your mission endeavors by providing:
- Give to ChildServ through your mission budget, Fifth Sunday Appeal, Rainbow Covenant, or Special Collection
- Recruit individual volunteers to become mentors, tutors or child care assistants (click here to go to the volunteer page)
- Sponsor group projects, such as field trips, holiday parties or site improvement work
- Host a baby shower, a linen shower or a housewarming party for a teen mom or a group home resident
- Collect school supplies and backpacks in time for the start of school
- Give new toys, dolls or games through our annual holiday gift-giving project
- Donate children’s books and other early literacy materials
- Join with ChildServ to educate legislators and policy makers on issues related to children and youth in Illinois.
- Speakers for Sunday worship services
- Programs on pertinent topics for women’s programs, men’s breakfasts, Lenten spiritual growth series
- Agency display with staff for mission fairs or other special events
- Technical assistance on setting up a child advocacy initiative
- Workshops on critical child-and-family issues with mission committees, youth groups, parent support groups
CLICK HERE to view ChildServ's Grow A Miracle Catalogue.
To connect your congregation with ChildServ, please contact:
Director of Church Relations
Phone: (773) 693-0300
Fax: (773) 693-0322
Jesus said, "Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me."Matthew 18:5 NRSV