ChildServ’s Family Foster Care Program creates safe, nurturing permanent environments for children in substitute or out-of-home care. We secure placement for children and ensure that they are being cared for by dedicated foster parents in a loving home that encourages their learning and growth. ChildServ’s Family Foster Care Program includes both traditional and home-of-relative foster care.
Traditional Foster Care
- ChildServ provides clinical, comprehensive case management, and therapeutic services for children who have been abused and neglected.
- Our experienced team secures a stable placement in a licensed foster home that is appropriate for each child’s needs and continually educates, meets with and monitors foster parents.
- In Fiscal Year 2013, we are able to help 31 children achieve permanency through adoption, guardianship or reunification.
- Last year, 82% of eligible foster care clients graduated from high school.
- Our case workers visit children in licensed foster care homes monthly—and more often in cases with greater need.
Home-of-Relative Foster Care
- ChildServ’s placement team facilitates placements for children who need substitute care and can be placed with a relative, creating as little change and as much stability as possible for the child in our care.
- Our staff ensures relatives receive the training and support that they need to address their emotional needs and give the best possible care to the children placed in their home.
- Our goal is to create a permanent situation for the child through adoption, guardianship or a return to the child’s biological parent.
ChildServ's foster parents say:
- "I've learned the importance of giving care and love to these kids because they deserve all the love we can give them."
- "There are many wonderful children looking for a family to love them."
Foster Parent orientations are hosted on the third Monday of each month at ChildServ - South 5401 S. Wentworth Ave. in Chicago. Please call 773.867.7323 for more information or to register.