Ensure that 1,500 at-risk kids in Cook, DuPage, Kane and Lake counties experience the joy and magic of the Holidays!
How you can help…
Donate Toys: The Holiday Gift Drive needs new, unwrapped toys, games or books (in English and Spanish) for kids of various ages. Gift cards to Target, Walmart and Amazon are also appreciated for children that enter ChildServ’s care in November and December. (Gift cards can be sent via mail to 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Suite 450, Chicago, IL 60631, with the heading “Holiday Gift Drive.”)
- All: Stuffed animals, winter coats, gloves, scarves and hats
- Newborn – 1: Diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, rattles, board books, shampoo and lotion.
- Ages 1 – 5: Board books, blocks, and educational toys
- Ages 6 – 12: Legos, art supplies, science kits, board games, balls, sports gear, and action figures
- Ages 13 – 19: Perfumes, soaps, lotions, shaving kits, socks, and board games
- Ages 20 – 24: Bedding, towels and dishes
Make a Monetary Gift: The kids in our care often have specific gift requests that may or may not be available. A donation of any amount helps fill this year’s gift gaps. You can give here.
Volunteer in our Toy Room: From December 1 – December 16, help receive, sort, organize and fill orders in our Holiday Toy Room, located at 2200 E. Devon Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018. Help us load gifts on December 18 for delivery by Phil, our UPS Santa, who’s donated his time for more than 15 straight years.
Toy Room hours are: Monday-Friday, from 9-6 p.m., Saturday, 9-4 p.m., and Sunday, 10-2 p.m.
After hours drop-offs should be made at 8755 W. Higgins Rd., in the decorated boxes near the security desk.
For more information or to set up a time to drop off a donation, please contact Zulma Colon, Director of Donor Relations, at (773) 867-7361 or email@example.com.