Teen Mom Program
ChildServ’s Teen Mom Program is a specialized foster care program for adolescents, ages 13 to 21, who are pregnant and/or raising their own children while in foster care. Foster parents in our program provide safe, nurturing and loving homes for these teen moms and their children, and also mentor the teens in parenting.
- Our dedicated staff builds strong relationships with the teen mothers in our care, fostering emotional and social growth. They also work with them to find appropriate resources for themselves and their children.
- ChildServ’s foster parents support the teens in their care and partner with ChildServ staff to ensure they receive ChildServ parent educator visits, therapy services and caseworker visits, as well as outside health care.
- Our caseworkers work directly with both the teen moms and their foster parents to ensure that new skills are effectively integrated into the teen moms’ daily lives.
- ChildServ offers a privately funded support component, Phenomenal Woman, which educates teen mothers in community-building and life skills.
- Our partners in faith communities generously support the teen moms in our program as volunteers and in-kind donors.