The Family Childcare Home Program (FCCH) connects low-income parents who work all-hours or attend school with our network of DCFS-licensed, in-home childcare providers. This program’s outreach is threefold: The children benefit from growth, learning and play in a fun and nurturing environment; the parents benefit from having their child in a safe environment while they improve their family’s financial self-sufficiency; and the providers benefit from a network of training opportunities as they earn a steady income.
- A child’s typical day at in-home childcare includes educational activities, games, meals, music, play and naptime.
- Children in our care receive regular developmental screenings, and are enrolled in our Health Fit Program, which focuses on exercise, health eating and physical wellness.
- ChildServ staff assists parents in applying for public aid to pay for daycare services.
- The providers in our network receive ongoing training on topics like DHS child care regulations and eligibility, active play to prevent childhood obesity, and how to recognize and help children dealing with bullies.
- Our FCCH providers accommodate a variety of schedules as day, evening and weekend hours are available.
Our FCCH Success
- In Fiscal Year 2015, 100% of the parents utilizing ChildServ’s Family Childcare Home Program felt that their children were in a safe, nurturing daycare environment.
- 78% of the children in Family Childcare Homes reached their cognitive, developmental, emotional and social growth target last year.