Volunteer in Chicago and its suburbs to help kids
Volunteering with ChildServ:
Since our founding in 1894, ChildServ's volunteers have been a critical part of our mission to help Chicagoland's at-risk children and their families build better lives. Last year alone, our programs and services touched the lives of more than 2,800 vulnerable children and families, and we know that our success is due in large part to our dedicated volunteers.
We value each of our volunteers' time, talents and energy, and are always searching for others who want to assist us in helping the children and families in our care to reach their potential.
Download our application and contact Zulma Colon at (773) 867-7361 or email@example.com
Year-round Volunteer Opportunities:
- Activity Aide: Provide games and activities to children once a month while their parents attend education workshops or meetings.
- Adopt a ChildServ Home: Assist in beautifying a group home.
- After School Tutors: Help with homework and build a friendship.
- Auxiliary Board: Take a leadership role in building better lives.
- Become a Foster Parent: Open your heart and home and give a child hope.
- Bilingual Educator: Work with children on early learning skills while their parents attending educational programs or teach Spanish-speaking children about nutrition and fitness.
- ChildServ Ambassador: Assemble a "welcome bag", including water bottle, pen and notepad, for new families entering our early childhood programs
- ChildServ in Action: Assist our group homes with painting, new curtains, dressers or everyday repairs.
- Crowd Fund for our Kids: Lead a team for GoFundMe and raise money for one of our capital expenses in our group homes. Each team member has a fundraising goal, and once the full expense is raised, deliver the item to that group home.
- Family Driver: Once a month, assist families with transportation to a parent workshop or meeting.
- Guest Speaker: Share your knowledge and expertise at a workshop for a youth program.
- Holiday Gift Drive: Help us collect toys for the children and youth in our programs.
- Mentors: Make a positive impact in the lives of the adolscents living our group homes.
- Moving-day Helper: Assist foster children or teen moms in their transition to their new living situation.
Become a volunteer today!
- Seeds of Hope: Plant a garden with the youth in our group homes.