ChildServ’s early childhood programs make sure that kids and families living in poverty have strong foundations for the best possible life so that they can achieve their potential. We build better lives through our doula services in Lake County and the city of Chicago, as well as our home visiting early learning programs for pregnant women and children birth to five-years-old in Elgin, Lake County, Chicago and South Suburban Cook County.
Our doula programs in Lake County and the city of Chicago support pregnant woman and new moms and babies so they have a great start to their lives together. Our licensed doulas are with our families through pregnancy, birth and early parenting, helping them get to doctors’ appointments, providing breastfeeding support and, when they are ready, transitioning them into our early learning program so they can reach important developmental milestones.
The Parent Empowerment Program (PEP) promotes early learning, brain development and resiliency for young children ages 0-3, by empowering parents to be their children’s first teachers. Coordinated support services include individual home visits, group educational workshops, and group parent training sessions. The program is free for all participants.
Through PEP, ChildServ offers families critically needed services through individual family home visits and center-based group activities. The parental training component of this program, along with addressing the isolation that many parents of very young children experience, is a strategy to prevent child abuse and break their cycle of poverty. ChildServ promotes a healthy home environment, which lays a strong foundation for children.
- ChildServ’s parent educators utilize a nationally-recognized, evidence-based curriculum that empowers parents as their child’s first teachers and focuses on emotional, linguistic, physical and social development.
- Our professional staff works one-on-one with parents, and connects them with community resources and developmental and educational information.
- ChildServ’s staff plans and hosts monthly events, group meetings and field trips for our PEP parents and their children.
ChildServ’s Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) program improves school readiness for at-risk 3- to 5-year-olds in Chicago, and its South Suburbs, by empowering parents with the necessary skills and tools to serve as their child’s primary educator.
- Our professionally trained educators provide evidenced-based, in-home HIPPY instruction to children and families in poverty.
- ChildServ develops community support networks that meet monthly for activities focusing on family health and self-sufficiency.
- Our staff holds eight hands-on, informational seminars each year to engage our parents and further their understanding of such topics as child development and family function.